“Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field.” - Dwight D. Eisenhower
The above mentioned quote has an abundance of truth to it. Farmers rarely are given the appreciation that they deserve. As I have said before I grew up on a large farm and agriculture supported my family solely. It has never occured to me that people don't support farmers until recently. My question is why? Farmers put everything they have into supplying food and goods for others. I often see those Americans that fully support the Military and the everyday heros, While I believe those people are heros I also think that a farmer is a hero! We as Americans live in a country that doesn't not struggle like other countries, we do not have children dying of starvation because we do not have the land and resources to grow food. We live in nice houses, drive the latest vehicles, eat fancy meals, and are constantly updating our closets with the latest fashions. Many things go into making these things possible for us but in reality, the farmer plays a huge role. Take the time, and thank a farmer. After all they do give time to YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment